Monday, January 30, 2006

D is for Distracted


Hi. So no posting since January 9th. Not that impressive. I did mention when I started this blog that it wasn't going to be a serious commitment. That I had enough serious commitments in my life at the moment. And as if to prove my point, the universe sent down a couple crazy-busy weeks for me to deal with.

There's been the fun stuff: birthday parties that the Squish actually seemed to enjoy! Visiting with good friends! Going to Monterey with the boys and seeing the seals. All really good things.

Then there has been work-related things. Namely, more work. More, stressful, unfulfilling work. And a job I wanted given to someone else.

Then there's been the real crappy stuff. Finishing up all the paperwork and evals for Squish's IEP. Defending our decisions to half our family and our ABA provider. Fighting the urge to constantly second-guess ourselves.

And then there's the really crappy crap...the fact that my mother is losing her battle with mental illness and substance abuse.

So, there have been some distractions around here lately and the blog fell off my plate. As did my blog reading. And I missed it and the folks inside the computer who are so welcoming, insightful, and warm.

So the blog is back on my plate. At least for today.
table border="0">

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

Glad you are back! Sorry about everything you are going through, especially with your mom's illness. Sounds like you are making it through the best you can. Take care.

Kristin
ps I love the nickname "squish".

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! Sorry that you are struggling right now. I hope you see some light soon.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Laureen said...

I've been checking here since the day you bailed out of work. I'm sending as much good as I can to you, your mom, your fabulous hubby, and of course, Squish#1 and Squish #2. If you need to scream or rant or whatever, please call, OK?

7:31 AM  
Blogger kristina said...

Glad to see you're back! Keep fighting for the ABA, it will serve Squish so well in the long run. It's natural to second guess with naysayers all around--stick to your guns.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home