Monday, March 06, 2006

G is for Great

Squish started preschool today. Do I even need to say that I cried when we dropped him off? I think it was the quick "Bye" from Squish as he ran to the toy area that did me in. :)

We just went to pick him up and his teacher said, "Squish did great! Great with transitions, great with the sensory activities, great with clean-up!" She said there were a lot of happy surprises about Squish's behavior and performance on his first day. And do I even need to say that I almost died from the cuteness that is Squish in his raincoat with his backpack on, smile on his face, waiting with his teacher at the pick-up area for Mommy? Yeah, almost died.

So instead of the original post I wrote about guilt, I'm posting this one. 'Cause it's been a great day. :)

md

3 Comments:

Blogger kristina said...

Hope the good and great times keep on going.....

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

Yeah for Squish! I hope Gabe starts preschool this fall as well as your son did.
By the way, I not only cried when I dropped off my oldest daughter at preschool her first day, but stayed and watched through the window for 10 minutes. I felt like I was stalking my daught!lol
Off and running to the toys? That was awesome!
Kristin

4:12 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Glad to hear it went well! I'm considering putting my son in preschool autism program this fall and the thought of dropping him off for even a few hours makes me feel sad. My oldest daughter is 11 and I went back to work when she was 18 months old (I'm a SAHM again to my three other children). I bawled when I dropped her off! The next day I was fine but she was bawling because she knew I would be leaving. Hope everything is still going well!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home